Food are consumable items that restores Health, Magicka and Stamina Stats, also it can be found throughout Skyrim and are covered on this page. Most of the food can be purchased, looted and cooked. Food is generally cheaper and more available than potions but does not involve or benefit from the Alchemy skill. Food provides an alternative means for players to make consumables that can support them through their journey in Skyrim.
How Food works in Skyrim?
Cooking is not related to or benefits from any skill but will allow players to turn raw ingredients into cooked foods that provides more and better effects when consumed. Cooking requires raw food to be combined at campsites, cooking pots and cooking spits. Baked foods can be made at the oven in a player-built kitchen added to homesteads through the Hearth Fire DLC.
Cooked and baked items each have recipe ingredients that are required to make them. The cooked or baked item is usually lighter than the sum of the original ingredients.
Top useful Foods to make and have in Skyrim
Stamina and Health regeneration effects provided from some foods are unique and especially useful in combat for players. Notable useful foods are listed here for players to try to make or find and have on hand for when fights are difficult:
- Homecooked Meal - Regenerate Health, Magicka and Stamina faster by 25% for 600 seconds.
- Chicken Dumpling - Restores 1 point of Health every second for 120 seconds.
- Jazbay Crostata - Fortify Magicka by 4 points for 60 seconds
- Lavender Dumpling - 2 points of Health every second for 60 seconds.
- Beef Stew - Fortify Stamina by 25 points for 720 seconds and restore 2 points of Stamina every second for 720 seconds.
- Elsweyr Fondue - Regenerate Magicka faster by 25% for 720 seconds and Fortify Magicka by 100 points for 720 seconds.
- Horker Stew - Restore 15 points of Stamina and restore 15 points of Health and restore 1 point of Health every second for 720 seconds.
- Vegetable Soup - Restore 1 point of Health every second for 720 seconds and restore 1 point of Stamina every second for 720 seconds.
- Venison Stew - Restore 15 points of Stamina, Restore 1 point of Health every second for 720 seconds and restore 1 point of Stamina every second for 720 seconds.
All Foods in Skyrim
Quick Search of All Skyrim Foods
Click the header to sort the table.
|Ash Hopper Leg||Food||