Being infected by Diseases weakens specific skills or attributes of the player. Player can cure the disease by a potion or a shrine. A Disease effect will remain active until it is cured. There are a number of ways to contract diseases in Skyrim, perhaps most commonly by contact with a creature, animal, or even some NPCs
- Source: Skeever, Traps
- Effects: Picking locks and picking pockets is 25% harder
Black Heart Blight
- Source: N/A
- Effects: Drains 10 points from Carry Weight
Bone Break Fever
- Source: Bear, Traps
- Effects: Drains 25 points of Stamina
- Source: Hagraven, Traps
- Effects: Drains 25 points of Magicka
- Source: Ash Hoppers, Traps
- Effects: One-handed and two-handed weapon damage is 15% lower
- Source: Chaurus, Traps
- Effects: Stamina regenerates 50% more slowly
- Source: Sabre Cat, Traps
- Effects: Magicka regenerates 50% more slowly.
- Argonians and Bosmers both have natural passive abilities that provide Resist Disease 50%.
- Werewolves and Vampires are both immune to disease.
- Spell Absorption protects player from disease.
- Vigilants of Stendarr can cure diseases if asked.