Lycanthropy is a disease that can be received in Skyrim. Lycanthropy grants player the Beast Form which can transform the player into a powerful Werewolf. The Ring of Hircine provides an alternate unlimited means of transformation for werewolves
Becoming a Werewolf
If the Dragonborn contracts Lycanthropy, he or she will have the ability to turn into a werewolf. The only way to get this disease is by going through the Companions questline.
- The Dragonborn gains 100% resistance to all diseases (including Vampirism).
- The Dragonborn cannot gain any resting bonuses when having lycanthropy. Lover's Comfort will be also not availiable. However skill bonuses from Standing Stones and Father's/Mother's Love bonus still apply normally.
The Dawnguard DLC adds a complete perk tree for werewolves. The skill tree is simply called "Werewolf" and perks are earned through feeding on the corpses of fallen NPCs. Player can also feed on bodies that are already dead
- Bestial Strength
- Rank 1 Do 25% more damage as a werewolf.
- Rank 2 Do 50% more damage as a werewolf.
- Rank 3 Do 75% more damage as a werewolf.
- Rank 4 Do 100% more damage as a werewolf.
- Animal Vigor
- 100 point bonus to health and stamina in beast form.
- Feeding heals twice as much health.
- Savage Feeding
- Able to feed off most dead creatures. Feeding off creatures instead of people only provides half the extended time.
- Totem of Ice Brothers
- Werewolf Totem of Brotherhood howl calls Ice Wolves.
- Totem of the Moon
- Werewolf Totem of Brotherhood howl calls werewolves.
- Totem of Terror
- Werewolf Howl of Terror affects even higher level creatures.
- Totem of the Predator
- Werewolf Totem of the Hunt howl has extended range, and shows whether the targets are not in combat, searching, or actively in combat.
Each new perk requires more feedings than the last. A total of 164 people need to be fed in order to complete the entire Werewolf tree.
- At the end of the Companions questline, a radiant quest "Purity" becomes available for those who wish to cure the disease. As part of that quest, the Dragonborn must cut off the head of a Glenmoril Witch, bringing it into the depths of Ysgramor's Tomb, draw the spirit of the wolf from their body, and defeat it.
- In order to remove the curse however, the Dragonborn must have killed at least two Glenmoril Witches, one for Kodlak, one for the Dragonborn. If the Dragonborn has killed all five witches, it is possible to cure all of the The Circle, except for Aela the Huntress who does not want to be cured.
- Access to the Underforge will be loss after curing Lycanthropy.
- Dragonborn can cure Lycanthropy by choosing to become a Vampire Lord. The Beast Form will be removed after chaning into a vampire.
- The Dawnguard DLC allows you to restore your lycanthropy with help from Aela the Huntress once. Restoring lycanthropy will keep all the werewolf perks and the totem benefit previously owned or activated.
Acquiring all 11 werewolf perks will gain the achievement Werewolf Mastered.
- The camera view will be fixed to third person the transformation ends.