Armor increases players' armor rating to reduce the overall damage taken from physical attacks. In addition armor can be enchanted to grant additional effects, such as, to boost certain skills, or to increase stats like Stamina, Health and Magicka.
There are two types of armor available, Heavy Armor and Light Armor, both have their own skill tree and associated perks. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages.However using The Steed Stone can remove some of the disadvantages of heavy armor.
- Offers a greater variety of armors available to craft.
- Offers a greater number of Perks to choose from.
- Offers much more protection from physical attacks.
- Makes more noise than light armor, so sneaking is harder.
- Slows down movement much more than light armor.
- Stamina is drained much quicker while sprinting.
- Much lighter than heavy armor.
- Makes less noise than heavy armor, so sneaking is easier.
- Less stamina is drained while sprinting.
- Offers fewer variety of armors available to craft.
- Offers fewer number of Perks to choose from.
- Offers much less protection from physical attacks.