Nightcaller Temple is a Location in Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
Nightcaller Temple is a fort and former temple of Vaermina located just outside Dawnstar. Three trolls guard the main entrance, and inside some skeevers.
Initially there is only the main chamber to explore though. Once the quest begins the inner temple is overrun by Orcish Invaders fighting against Vaermina Devotees.
Nightcaller Temple Quests
Points of interest
- Skull of Corruption, a Daedric artifact.
- Three alchemy labs in the laboratory.
- An arcane enchanter – east from the pull chain that released the Miasma, through a short passageway to the next room, against the west wall.
- Mannimarco, King of Worms (Alchemy) – to the left of the southeastern Alchemy Lab, on a ruined table.
- One adept-level chest on the west side of the stairs leading down to a sleeping area at the bottom level.
- One unlocked chest to the right of the steps leading up to the Skull of Corruption.
- One expert-level chest behind the unlocked door in the library.
- One novice-locked chest on the right (east) side of the purple-shrouded entryway just inside the temple.
- Copy of Sixteen Accords of Madness, Book VI located in the library section.
- On top of the building, there is a chest on the north side. It is accessible by jumping on the blocks to the east side.
- There is an outcropping of Moonstone Ore on the exterior of the Temple (west side).
Nightcaller Temple Maps
Nightcaller Temple Quests Map
Nightcaller Temple Treasure Map
- Erandur states that the temple had lain abandoned many years before the priests of Vaermina began living there. This hints that the temple may actually be the fort of Dawnstar that was destroyed in 2E 283.
- Due to the amount of Orc invaders, and to the randomization of the devotees' races, Nightcaller Temple is a good location for gathering elven blood in the quest Discerning the Transmundane.
- Followers are not allowed into the Temple, there is a notification on-screen as soon as the building is entered. This also applies to summons from the Conjuration skill, including permanent summons, such as Dead Thralls and Frost Thralls.