Western Watchtower is a Location in Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
The Western Watchtower is a ruined tower located just outside Whiterun to the west-south-west.
Irileth leads the Dragonborn and some of the Whiterun Guards there to kill the dragon, Mirmulnir. The Western Watchtower will not appear as a map marker until you have activated the quest Dragon Rising.
Western Watchtower Quests
Western Watchtower Characters
- Whiterun Guards
Points of interest
Western Watchtower Maps
Western Watchtower Quests Map
Western Watchtower Treasure Map
- If the Civil War questline has been finished in favor of the Stormcloaks, no guards are stationed here. There still will be a Stormcloak banner that replaces Legion/Whiterun banners, however.
- If you approach the watch tower before "Dragon Rising" it will be destroyed. The only difference in the quest is that the grass is on fire.
- It is a good place to lure giants from Bleakwind Basin. The giants will be unable to enter the doorway, allowing you to pick them off with a bow or magic.
- The watchtower only appears as a map icon after the "Dragon Rising" quest has started.
- Sometimes a Nord has a Falmer tag over his tag. He can be found here.