Ivarstead is a Location in Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. Ivarstead is a small community located far west from Shor's Stone and north-west from Riften. It serves as a rest stop for pilgrims before they make the journey up the Seven Thousand Steps to High Hrothgar.
- Climb The Steps
- Investigate Shroud Hearth Barrow
- The Straw that Broke
- Bounty Quests
- Grin and Bear It
- Bassianus Axius
- Lynly Star-Sung
- Temba Wide-Arm
- Ivarstead Guard (one of the few towns outside of hold capitals to have their own guards).
Points of interest
Ivarstead Quests Map
Ivarstead Treasure Map
- If the Dragonborn has started the Alduin's Bane quest and heads down to Ivarstead without defeating Alduin, they will still be able to hear Paarthurnax's dialogue and see Alduin flying around the mountaintop.
- A Nirnroot plant can also be found just west of Vilemyr Inn by the riverside.
- A troll's lair is nearby, in the direction of Riften, with two dead Stormcloaks carrying a note about investigating mysterious attacks.
- If Hearthfire is installed, one clay deposit can be found southeast of Narfi's broken down house and one stone quarry west of it.
- After the main quest is over, Odahviing may be seen flying around the Throat of the World.
- Even though Ivarstead is in the The Rift, the guards are not named "Riften Guard". Guards in Ivarstead are called "Ivarstead Guard", but still wear the Riften Hold emblem on their shields.
- According to the book, Holdings of Jarl Gjalund, the town of Ivarstead was originally known as "Hillgrund's Steading".