Fellglow Keep is a Location in Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
Fellglow Keep is a keep located to the south-west of Winterhold. The keep is home to a coven of mages lead by The Caller. The coven has since been destroyed by the Dragonborn on a quest to recover some stolen books.
Note: Initially both the Keep and the Dungeons can be explored, but only when playing Hitting the Books will a main chamber door in the Keep open up, and the Ritual Chamber become accessible. Neither Orthorn nor The Caller initially exist here.
Fellglow Keep Quests
Points of interest
- Rare Hooded Black Robes, during the quest "Hitting the Books." They are in a circular room before fighting The Caller.
- 1 Stone of Barenziah, in the keep itself, in the room with the Anvil, Arcane Enchanter, Alchemy Lab and a workbench. Upon entering, go straight up the stairs. It is the first door on the right.
- 3 Quicksilver Ingots, in the same room.
- A Hypothetical Treachery (Destruction) – on a table in between the circle of shelves, just before the library.
- The Doors of Oblivion (Conjuration) – just after arriving at Fellglow Keep from the dungeons.
- Fellglow Keep Key is in a mage's equipment, who is asleep in a bed.
- One Briar Heart (inside the 1st door on the left).
- A Shrine of Julianos can be found behind an Adept-locked door, which can be unlocked with the Fellglow Keep Key.
- Coming from Fellglow Keep Dungeons, a fallen Shrine of Talos can be found lying on a pile of rubble in the first room with the Novice Conjurer and Apprentice Storm Mage. A blessing can still be received from the shrine, which is located in front of the broken table.
Fellglow Keep Maps
Fellglow Keep Quests Map
Fellglow Keep Treasure Map
- The stairways leading to the ritual chamber will always auto-save the game, even after The Caller has been defeated.
- To obtain multiple copies of Hooded Black Robes, do not give the collected books to Urag gro-Shub, as completing the quest will prevent any access into the ritual chamber area. Everything inside Fellglow Keep except The Caller will respawn after ten days. It is recommended to finish the quest after level 25 to gain the best enchantment for Mage's Circlet after the completion of "Good Intentions."
- With a high enough Sneak and Archery skill, it is possible to kill The Caller in one hit. By entering the room in sneak mode, The Caller will still speak to the Dragonborn, but may lose sight of them if they are sneaking.
- Fellglow Keep can be especially challenging for a vampire; almost every mage inside the keep uses fire magic, a weakness of the vampire (the higher stage vampire, the harder it becomes to sustain one's health).
- The map may not mark Fellglow Keep as cleared until completing both quests. It is most likely the Dragonborn has not randomly encountered the dead treasure hunter yet. Without the note, the item it identifies will not spawn in the chest.
- Oddly enough, the vampires will still say, "Out of the way, meat," even if the Dragonborn is a vampire or a Vampire Lord.
- If the Dragonborn sneaks through the entire dungeon without killing anything, The Caller will still comment on how you have "laid waste to [her] projects", "killed [her] assistants" and "disrupted [her] work".
- Strangely, if the Dragonborn gets to the room with the caged vampires, does not release them, leaves the dungeon, and then returns, the vampires will be in the next room standing harmlessly near the mages and will not attack them. They will, however, attack if provoked. Once all the mages are killed, the vampires will flee as normal. Their cages will still be closed and locked.