The Ragged Flagon - Cistern
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern is a Location in Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.
The Thieves' Guild is located in Riften. It can be access via the Ratway or by a secret entrance located in the Riften graveyard, inside the large tomb.
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern Quests
- The Thieves' Guild quests
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern Characters
- Brynjolf, right hand man of Mercer Frey
- Delvin Mallory, trainer in Sneaking, guild jobs
- Dirge, bouncer
- Galathil, can change appearance of humans (Dawnguard DLC only)
- Tonilia, fence and quartermaster
- Vekel the Man, proprietor of the Ragged Flagon
- Vex, trainer in Lockpicking, guild jobs
- Arnskar Ember-Master, blacksmith
- Herluin Lothaire, alchemist
- Syndus, fletcher
- Vanryth Gatharian, blacksmith
- Cynric Endell
- Mercer Frey, master of Thieves' Guild
- Niruin, trainer in Archery
- Vipir the Fleet, trainer in Pickpocketing
Points of interest
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern Maps
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern Quests Map
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern Treasure Map
- Upon joining the guild, the Dragonborn can use this location as a home.
- Upon completion of the Thieves Guild questline, a Shrine of Nocturnal will appear in the cistern.
- For every special job the Dragonborn completes for Delvin Mallory, the Cistern will receive upgrades such as banners, tables with food and ingredients, and new members.
- If the Dragonborn pickpockets the Steel Arrows that most of the guild archers use and replaces them with a type of arrow preferred, the archers will shoot those. So if Daedric Arrows are put in their inventories, they will shoot an infinite quantity of Daedric Arrows.
- It might be possible to enter the Cistern without starting the Thieves Guild questline; If the Dragonborn goes in and begins beating on the members present in the Ragged Flagon, one will occasionally flee through the 'strange door' and lead the Dragonborn into the Cistern.
- If you have a high bounty you can fast travel to the Thieves Guild, avoiding the guards. If any get in before you "close" the coffin entrance and the other thieves will attack and kill them. There have been cases of at least 10 guards getting into the cistern, so be careful when trying to do this. Most of the guild members are essentials, with some exceptions like Sapphire, so they are not in danger. You can then just keep out of the fight while the other thieves do the job for you.
- If you assassinate one of the Thieves Guild members and quickly hide, the other members may open the vault while searching for you.
- After you speak with Sapphire concerning Shadr's debt, it is possible to follow Sapphire into the Cistern. The door appears to stay open for some time and you are considered a trespasser.
- Items you gained from Guild Chests in Cistern are level-dependent and will never respawn once looted. So the later Dragonborn joined the Thieves Guild, the better items will spawn inside all chests. For example, joining at level 1 through 10 will yield small amount of septims, weak potions, iron arrows, etc. And it's possible to get Daedric Arrows or weapons, some precious gems, and high leveled potions if joined at level 40 and above.