|Released||3 Aug, 2012|
|Size||1.12 GB (PC) / 583.12 MB (Xbox) / 667 MB (PS3)|
|Availability||PC($19.99) Xbox360($19.99) PS3($20)|
Dawnguard is the first major official DLC for Skyrim.The DLC introduces two new factions:the Dawnguard, an ancient organization of vampire hunters and the Volkihar Vampire Clan, led by Lord Harkon who intends to blot out the sun and dominate Skyrim
Dawnguard™ is the first official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - the 2011 Game of the Year. The Vampire Lord Harkon has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable - to end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours.
- Enemies: Several new enemires and variants of existing enemires are added into the game, e.g. Maximum level Legendary Dragon, Frost Giant and Chaurus Hunter.
- Items: 5 new alchemy ingredients, several new books and pieces of jewelry along with some unique items.
- Weapons: 19 new weapons, including the Dragonbone Weapons set, along with a variety of crossbow bolts and arrows.
- Armor: 5 new armor sets are introduced into the add-on, not to mention several unique pieces in both light and heavy variants.
- Magic: Three new blessings, four new dragon shouts, and nine new spells in total are added. In addition, new features have been added to Lycanthropy and general Vampirism, while the Vampire Lord form is entirely new.
- NPCs: Over 80 new NPCs aligned with one of the two new major factions have been added.
- Locations: 23 new places are added.
- Quests: 39 quests are added, with both a main questline and multiple side quests.
- Factions: Two new factions are added with this add-on.
- Adds 10 new achievements.
- Adds 18 new loading screens.
- The alchemy lab in Breezehome may become unpurchasable, or may not appear after it has been purchased.
- Hearthfire inadvertently fixes this by resetting the steward's dialogue to include the children's room.
- This may be fixed via the console by entering "e4ef9".disable followed by "e4ec8".enable .
- NPC and player hair may glitch, change color, or even disappear.
- Dragon souls may not unlock new shouts, even if the player has more than one dragon soul.